APARTMENTS AND RATES
Aimee’s Guesthouse provides spacious rental apartments for short
or long-term stays in the heart of Gustavus. With fully equipped kitchens and
private baths, these are perfect for visitors looking for a comfortable,
affordable alternative. And babies and toddlers are free. We have three choices
THE RIVERVIEW has two bedrooms and one bath.
This spacious apartment comprises the entire top floor, with panoramic views of
the Salmon River meadows, the Chilkat mountains, and Icy Strait. There’s a
double bed in the smaller bedroom, a queen in the larger, and a double futon in
the suite. A pillowtop daybed or hammock on the 12’x24’ deck is the favorite
place for a nap.
$175 per day for 2 persons, $1176 per week for up to 4 people. $25 per
day, $150 per week for each additional person.
THE SHOOTING STAR
has one spacious bedroom with queen bed, and a separate “great room” for
cooking, dining, and lounging. A double futon couch can be an extra bed. This is
a good economical alternative for young families, as it is on the ground floor
with ready access to the yard, and there is plenty of space in either room for
$140 per day for 2 persons, $940 per week
for up to 3 people. $10 per
day, $60 per week for each additional person over 3 years old.
THE MEADOW is a well-appointed
studio suite with queen bed and a private “mudroom” entry. It has its own deck,
a great place for morning coffee or the evening barbeque. Windows watch the
ever-changing fields of wildflowers.
$110 per day, $740 per week for one or two persons.
MORE DETAILS AND A FEW POLICIES:
- All apartments have telephones, broadband internet, and TV/DVD players. The TV has “RATnet” only--a Rural Alaska Television service that provides an interesting hodgepodge of programs taken from various networks (BBC, NBC, PBS, etc…). This is so that we Alaskans out in “the bush” don’t have to suffer life without news, weather, ballgames, and of course--cops & robbers, game shows, and all such earthly delights. A good up-to-date assortment of movies are available for rent at local businesses. An extensive and eclectic book collection is in the laundry room and is shared by all apartments.
- Smoking is accommodated outside on your decks only. Comfortable chairs and ashtrays are provided for your smoking pleasure.
- Taxi or your own rental car will meet you at the airport or ferry. Please be sure I know when and how you are arriving! One-speed bicycles are available gratis at the Guesthouse, to adjust your pace to life in the country.
- Coffee, tea, cocoa, and an assortment of condiments are provided in these self-catering apartments. Gustavus has four groceries, including a natural foods store and a fish shop. Special arrangements for your grocery list of breakfast foods can be made for weary whirlwind travelers, and I will be happy to make dinner reservations for your first meal if you feel like you will be “hitting the ground running”.
- This unique town deserves (and the cleaning lady requires) a 3-night minimum stay for the two larger apartments. Space is reserved upon receipt of one-half the rental fee. Full payment + 4% bed tax is due 30 days before your arrival. Refunds, less a $25 processing fee, will be given if your reservation is cancelled more than 30 days before your scheduled arrival. After this, refunds apply only if the rooms can be re-booked. See the CONTACT PAGE to arrange for PAYPAL payments with your credit card.